Sunday, January 17, 2010

Slimming Soups

I love soup. I cook soup all of the time in winter. If you love soup too, check out my favorite cookbook, 300 Sensational Soups by Carla Snyder & Meredith Deeds. I have made a soup out if it that didn't taste great! I have adapted a few recipes from there and other books to work with the HCG.

Shrimp Curry Soup
8 oz of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 tsp ginger
1 clove garlic
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Thai green curry paste
1 C organic chicken broth (watch out for MSG and hydrolyzed proteins)
1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
fresh parsley, just for looks : )
Saute the shrimp in a little water, set aside. Saute the garlic, ginger, red pepper, and onion until soft. (I just cook it with out oil, but you can probably get away with a cooking spray. Just watch out for the hydrogenated oils in those). Add the broth, fish sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until flavors are well blended. Add shrimp and parsley. Serves 2 on the HCG. Serve with 1 C broccoli or other vegetable and a fruit.
*When your on maintenance, try substituting the chicken broth with light coconut milk and add 1 1/2 T brown sugar. So yummy! Serve with brown rice.
Spinach, Mushroom, and Chicken Soup
1 C mushrooms, sliced
3 T shallots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 C organic chicken stock
8 oz chicken breast
2 cups chopped spinach
Saute the mushrooms and shallots about 6 minutes. Add garlic and stock; bring to a boil. Add chicken breast. Reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes, until chicken is done. Remove chicken and cut into cubes; return to pot. Add spinach. Warm through and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
I'll add more as I come up with more recipes. Thanks for staying tuned : ).

2 comments:

  1. Each of these soups were delicious. There's nothing like dieting but enjoying the food as if you weren't. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good! I'm excited to try them!! :)

    ReplyDelete